Insert Background Code Here

Hover over an image to Pin It

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Aprons, Aprons, and More Aprons

I admit it. I'm a junkie. An apron junkie, that is.

When I was a little girl, I spent a whole lot of time with my grandmother, who was also an apron junkie.  I get it honestly.  Instead of dressing up in her clothes, she gave me full access to her apron drawer.  I was in heaven!  She had aprons for cleaning, cooking, and hosting.  Aprons for "everyday wear" and aprons that I couldn't figure out how to wear; they had way too many ties for my little hands.

I have recently discovered (I know, I have been living under a rock.) pre-printed apron panels.  They are not your every day, run of the mill, man style, flat apron.  They are PRETTY! Feminine touches with flounces and ruffles make them my favorite things to wear.  I am totally amazed.  I love the designs by Emily Taylor, and Daisy Kingdom Aprons by Springs Creative.  They are so easy to make! If I can do it, I am sure you can too! I'm not an expert by any means!

With that being said, what's better than wearing an apron? Sharing an apron. National Tie One on Day (also on Facebook) is on November 27th; the day before Thanksgiving.


To participate, you make an apron, bake something, write a note and put it in the apron's pocket, and wrap the baked good in the apron.  Then, you deliver it to someone in need.

Here's a picture of an apron I made.  Although, it isn't the one I am using for Tie One On Day. I couldn't make an apron post without a picture of an apron.  I did give it to a super sweet person.  I think it made her day, which made mine too!  It was so much fun to make.  The directions were printed right on the fabric.

I still can't say enough about my Janome 3160 QDC sewing machine too!  It's like Sewing for Dummies!  My old Brother machine intimidated me because it had too many dials and knobs.  This one, you just press buttons to tell it what stitch to use, and it tells you what foot to use.  There's two dials; one for the tension of the presser foot and one for the tension of the thread. (but enough of that and back to the Tie One On Day)

Springs Creative/Daisy Kingdom Completed Apron Kit


I am a little OCD and tend to get caught up in exactly the right thing to say.  Don't stress over this part.  Just a simple "Love, (and your name)" will be just fine.  But, if you want to write a little note and need some inspiration, how about start it off with some Bible scripture?

Maybe these will give you an idea...

Psalm 34:8
Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him (I like this one because of the baked good)

Jeremiah 29:11
"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." 

Proverbs 18:10
The name of the Lord is a strong fortress; the godly run to him and are safe.

Psalm 86:17
Give me a sign of your goodness, that my enemies may see it and be put to shame, for you, LORD, have helped me and comforted me.

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Joshua 1:9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go. 

Romans 8:28
And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.

Romans 8:31
If God is for us, who can ever be against us? 

Romans 8:38-39
And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord. 

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. (This is one of my favorites too.  There is nothing better than the promise of eternal life with our Lord and Savior.)

Thanksgiving is a time for just that... Giving Thanks.  I know the simple kindness of a little gift, such as an apron and a baked good, can do a lot for someone.  If you want to participate, but don't want to make an apron, our local Fred's Super Dollar Store has Christmas aprons for only $5 and others for $10, maybe yours does too.

No comments: