Insert Background Code Here

Hover over an image to Pin It

Monday, February 20, 2012

The Green Monster

I am thrilled to have found this recipe. It is basically a frozen banana, a cup of almond milk (I buy unsweetened and add a little truvia), a tablespoon natural peanut butter, a scoop of vanilla protein powder or 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, and then I fill my smoothie cup up with baby spinach and 3 cubes of ice (mine are the little half moon shaped ones). Thanks to Iowa Girl Eats for the recipe.

Be sure to peel your banana BEFORE you freeze them.  I have an Osterizer Beehive blender with a travel cup I use. I just put the banana, milk, peanut butter, ice, and protein powder (or yogurt) in the cup, then fill it to the top with spinach. Give it a whirl...


I usually use a cup of milk (almond or skim cow's milk), a frozen banana (just a half if it's huge), a cup of any type of frozen fruit (blueberries, cherries, or mango blend), Greek vanilla yogurt or a scoop of vanilla whey protein, and 3 cubes of ice. I blend it until it's smooth!

No comments: